Clerk Office Hours

Tuesdays 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.;
3rd Tuesdays 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.


Use the links below to help answer the most common elections questions.

If you still have questions, email the Deputy/Elections Clerk or call (608) 437-6230, option 5.


 Springdale Elections Information 

 Upcoming Elections



Election Information

Am I eligible to vote in Springdale?
Where do I vote?
How do I register?
Can I vote absentee?
How can I become a poll worker?
Where can I read more about elections in Wisconsin?

Voting Eligibility

If you are:

  • a US citizen,
  • at least 18 years of age, and
  • have resided in the Town of Springdale at least 28 days,

you are eligible to vote in Springdale. Eligible voters must first be registered in order to cast a ballot. back to top

Voting Location

Springdale's only polling place is the Springdale Town Hall, 2379 Town Hall Rd., Mt. Horeb, 53572.

Residents may vote at Town Hall on election days between the hours of 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM.  back to top

Voter Registration

Before you can vote in Wisconsin, you must first register to vote.
You can register in 4 ways:

  1. By Mail 

You can register by mail up to 20 days before the election. You can start your voter registration form online at MyVote Wisconsin, or download the Wisconsin Voter Registration Application. Your form must be printed, signed, and mailed, or delivered to the clerk's office (2379 Town Hall Rd.). You must send valid proof of residence documentation when registering. You can use any of the forms of proof of residence except a residential lease. back to top

  1. Online

You can register online up to 20 days before the election. Voters who have a valid Wisconsin Driver License or Wisconsin ID card issued by the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) can register online at MyVote Wisconsin. To register online, you must enter a name, date of birth, Driver License or ID number, and an address that matches what is on file with the DMV. If all of the fields match, the voter will be able to register to vote completely online without needing to print, sign, or mail the form and without needing to send a proof of residence document. Voters who are not able to match their information with the information in the DMV database will be given the option to register by mail (see above). back to top

  1. In the Clerk’s Office

You may register in-person with the Town Clerk up until the Friday before the election at 5:00 p.m. or close of business, whichever is later. You must bring valid proof of residence documentation when registering to vote. back to top

  1. At Town Hall on Election Day

You may also register at the polls on election day. You must bring valid proof of residence documentation when registering to vote. back to top

Voting Absentee

Any registered voter is eligible to request an absentee ballot.  Under Wisconsin law, voters do not need a reason or excuse, such as being out of town on Election Day, to vote absentee.  Any voter who prefers to vote by absentee ballot may request one. 

You have several options for requesting an absentee ballot and casting your vote: 

  1. By Mail

If you are a registered Wisconsin voter, you can download the Application for Absentee Ballot. Just complete the form and mail it to the clerk at 2379 Town Hall Rd, Mount Horeb, 53572.Your application must be received by the clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be SENT to you. You will also need to provide a copy of your acceptable photo ID with your request. If you have not previously provided a copy of photo ID, photo ID must accompany your first application by mail.  
More information about photo ID can be found at Bring It To The Ballotback to top

  1. By Email, Online, or Fax

 All registered voters may also use MyVote Wisconsin to request their absentee ballot by clicking "Vote Absentee." Military and overseas voters may also request that a ballot be sent to them by sending an e-mail or fax to the clerk. This request must be made no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be SENT to you. If you have not previously provided a copy of photo ID, photo ID must accompany your application. More information about the photo ID requirement can be found at Bring It To The Ballotback to top

  1. Indefinitely Confined Voters

Voters who are indefinitely confined due to age, illness, infirmity, or disability may request that a ballot be automatically sent to them for each election. Indefinitely confined voters do not need to provide a photo ID with their absentee ballot request. If you are indefinitely confined, you will make this designation in box 6 of the Application for Absentee Ballot.  back to top

  1. In-Person Absentee at Town Clerk's Office (Early Voting)

You can also vote absentee with the clerk at Town Hall. If you apply for an absentee ballot in the clerk's office or other designated location for in-person absentee voting, you will vote your ballot immediately in the clerk's office, seal your ballot in the proper envelope, and return it to a member of the clerk's staff. No ballots may be taken out of the clerk's office. Each city, village and town in Wisconsin is responsible for setting the dates and hours of in-person absentee voting for their municipality. In-person absentee voting cannot occur more than two weeks before an election. back to top

Deadlines for Returning Your Absentee Ballot 

Your completed absentee ballot must be delivered no later than 8 p.m. on Election Day.  The U.S. Postal Service recommends absentee ballots be mailed one week before election day to arrive in time. back to top


Becoming a Poll Worker

If you'd like to serve Springdale as a poll worker (formally, "election inspector"), we would be delighted to have you! As long as you're a resident of Dane County and meet the requirements in the graphic below, you can serve in our elections. 

Springdale compensates election inspectors and chief election inspectors monetarily with an hourly wage, as well as with food and beverages provided throughout election day. We also provide in-person and virtual training options leading up to each election to make sure that you are prepared for your election day shift. 

Election Inspectors must be approved by the Town Board in December of each odd-numbered year for their two-year term, and must be willing to serve in some capacity at each election* during the course of the 2-year term. Election inspector terms begin January 1 of even-numbered years and continue through December 31 of the next year. If you wish to serve as an inspector, please contact us!

*Wis. Stat. 7.30(6)(a)

Download becoming a pollworker poster

back to top

Voter Information 

For more information on elections and voting, see the following websites: