Trash & Recycling
Town & Country Sanitation is responsible for the trash and recycling pickup in the Town.
For questions, contact Town & Country at (608) 375-5856, or by email at
Click here for a handy guide for trash & recycling guidelines. Additional 18 gallon recycling bins are available from the town hall for $10 per bin.
Guidelines for Weekly Service
- Trash should be placed in plastic bags or drums of 35 gallons or less, weighing less than 35 pounds, and no more than four bags.
- For large items, please contact Town & Country for special pickup (charges may apply).
- Trash and recyclables may not be combined.
- Place all materials curbside by 6:30 a.m. as routes and pickup times may change.
- Pickup will take place on a Saturday when a holiday occurs on a business day (M-F). The holidays that can affect pickup are: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
The Town of Springdale does not operate a yard waste collection site. Please contact Dane County to determine where best to dispose of grass clippings, weeds, leaves and other plant material. Per state law, yard waste is prohibited from entering landfills via your trash.
For trash not accepted by Town & Country Sanitation, please call Dane County Dept. of Waste and Renewables at (608) 838-9555 to confirm drop-off times, location and any applicable fees.
Each Spring, the Town sponsors a town-wide cleanup day where residents are allowed to place bulk trash curbside for pickup. Acceptable items include:
- household trash (do not save your trash for the cleanup day; please only place items that do not fit in the weekly pickup as we are charged by the pound for the cleanup day)
- furniture (mattresess/box springs, chairs, tables, etc.)
- carpet/padding (tied securely in 4' by 2' bundles)
- NO RECYCLABLES
- NO CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS
Town & Country will not collect more than two yards per household. Additionally, Town & Country charges Springdale by the pound. As such, please do not save your weekly trash or put out anything that might absorb water.
The date of the clean-up will be posted in advance and will be sent to residents subscribed for Town emails.
New residents are responsible for obtaining their own garbage and 18-gallon recycling bin. Neither container should exceed 35 pounds. Recycling bins are available for purchase at Town Hall during office hours for $10 cash.
Springdale Recycling Ordinance
Clean Sweep Dane County facility accepts hazardous chemicals and electronics from Dane County residents, businesses and farms.
Syringe & Needle Disposal must be done legally to keep sanitation workers safe. View local drop off locations by following this link to the Mt. Horeb Police Department.
Dane County Recycling Locations
DNR Recycling Information
DNR E-Cycle Electronics Recycling Program